The beginning of the ski season!
The beginning of the ski season!
How to be Colo-Ready in the Colorado Outdoors
A GUIDE TO KAYAKING IN COLORADO
WHAT MAKES LIFE IS BRECKENRIDGE SO GREAT?
Chauffeur service from Denver airport at a reasonable cost
Vail Winter Guide
Breckenridge Winter Guide
Getting to Aspen
Aspen Winter Guide
AUDI FIS SKI WORLD CUP IN ASPEN
You should plan your journey in advance if you want to save money!
Ski holidays are not the most affordable activity, especially considering the ever-increasing prices, the dollar exchange rate and the cost of transfers and ski equipment. And yet, there are many ways to make a trip to the mountains more budgetary, without losing much in quality.
Buying a Ski Pass
- Buying a ski pass is a good way to save money; in this article we will tell you what are the main benefits of the ski pass. A ski pass is an electronic subscription that allows guests of ski resorts to use the lifts. Whether you are skiing, or you just decide to look at the magnificent mountain landscapes – a ski pass is indispensable, because otherwise you can’t climb to a height.
- The ski pass stores the owner’s data along with the photo to protect you from theft. The card can be safely hidden in a special pocket of your ski jacket – you don’t have to take out the plastic every time.
How to use ski passes?
The ski pass is attached to the terminal at the entrance to the lift. There are always instructions on the terminal, but you can also contact the controller – he will answer all questions and help you through.
Plastic badges work like magnetic cards, while paper badges have a barcode. Both options are scanned by the terminal and open the turnstile passage, allowing you to use the lift.
What is the difference?
Prices depend on the format of the ski pass, season, height, time of day and type of lift.
- Where is the earliest ski season? – Please check our information page.
- When can you start skiing in Colorado? – the earliest season starts in October, special tours allow you to climb to the top and enjoy the virgin snow.
How can I ski cheaply? – Almost all resorts offer a $100 day ski pass, but buying a seasonal epic pass will allow you to save and ride.
When do ski resorts open? – Here you will find out when the resorts open, how to get there and what delicious to eat
In short, the higher the lift, the more popular the track and the hotter the season, the more expensive the ski pass will be. Keep track of promotions for ski passes on the official websites of ski resorts, they usually appear in the low season. But in an active gurney, especially on New Year’s holidays, you can not count on discounts.
what are the best ski passes
- Epic Pass (includes 50 worldwide ski resorts; the cost is $1,179 for adults),
The epic ski pass allows you to use all the lifts and slopes of the resort. Suitable for professionals who are used to taking the best.
- Ikon (includes 37 worldwide ski resorts; the cost is $859 for adults and $439 for children),
- Indy Pass (Similar to the Mountain Collective, the pass has a cap on the number of days you can spend at each lodge. However, there is plenty of area thanks to the 105 smaller, individually owned ski resorts that are included in the pass. Even a large number of cross-country resorts are available to those who would rather ski cross-country.)
An Indi ski pass will help out if you have chosen certain slopes and will ride only on them. The disadvantage of such a ski pass is obvious – if, for example, you skated wonderfully for 1 day, and the next day you are in the mood to lie in your room, this day will burn out.
- Mountain Collective (includes 24 resorts; the cost is $579 for adults and $189 for children),
Most resorts sell family or student ski passes: with them you will save money and make your ascent easier without waiting for each family member to pass the terminal by scanning the pass.
Most often, for children under 7 years old, the rise accompanied by an adult is free, and for children from 7 to 12 years old, impressive discounts are provided. Pensioners in most cases also receive benefits.
Where can you buy them?
Today, each resort has an official website that provides up-to-date prices and the ability to book a trip. On the site you can pay for the ski pass in advance, choosing the most convenient option for you.
We are not too accustomed to doing everything in advance, and yet, this is a very good habit. So, a ski pass bought ahead of time allows you to save up to 30% of its cost, similar offers are valid for advance booking of rental equipment and instructor services. But don’t forget that the savings must be reasonable – bad skis with blunt edges or not learning from an instructor (if you need one) can turn a vacation into a nightmare. When organizing an independent trip, try to catch special offers from airlines or buy tickets well in advance (for the New Year period, it is better to buy tickets in the spring and summer). The same applies to the most sought-after housing. Regular sales and promotions are carried out by all leading airlines. With transfers, you can fly on a budget with the flights of the largest European carriers and discounters, just do not forget to study the conditions for transporting skis and luggage.
Booking a transfer in advance is a good way of saving money as well. Since the season is about to begin a lot of companies are going to increase prices. If you order a private shuttle to both destinations you can get a 10-15% discount.
HOW TO PLAN THE PERFECT SKI TRIP TO COLORADO RESORTS
Starting your holiday on arrival in Denver, you can save a lot of money, book your airport transfer in advance, you will get the maximum benefit, discount and a wide range of airport transfer services that suit you.
Intermountain Express provides private airport car service from Denver and Eagle Airport to all Colorado ski resorts.
COLORADO TRAVEL GUIDE
LUXURY SUV & VAN SERVICE
Denver to Keystone shuttle
Denver to Beaver Creek shuttle
Denver to Aspen transportation
Denver to Breckenridge
Denver to Vail limo
Denver to Steamboat
Denver Airport to Telluride
Copper Mountain to Denver airport
Winter Park Airport Shuttle
Crested Butte From Denver Airport
Eagle Airport shuttle Service
Denver Airport Private Shuttle & Airport Limo